GCAREs Research Development Project Officer (092219) at University of Surrey
The Global Centre for Clean Air Research (GCARE) is hosted within Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering. It is a multidisciplinary centre with a number of ongoing projects supported by UKRI (EPSRC, NERC, ESRC, Innovate UK), European Commission and industrial partners. The centre has over 16 researchers at PhD/post-doctorate level and actively researching and bidding for research grants to sustain its research activities and sets itself as one of the leading research centres in the UK and internationally.
The post holder will take responsibility for the development of new research proposals and the operational management and delivery of a range of projects and initiatives for maximising the impact and income to the department of Civil & Environmental Engineering. The post holder will work independently and proactively with the closely with the Global Centre for Clean Air Research (GCARE) team and colleagues within and outside university.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Identify and support development of new research proposals to submission.
- Identify project aims, objectives, deliverables and milestones of projects.
- Establish robust mechanisms to track, monitor and control project delivery ensuring successful delivery of the project within funding guidelines.
- Report departures from agreed deliverables to the Programme Director and Sponsors. Recommend and implement appropriate solutions to project variances.
- Determine and collate the appropriate evidence for financial claims.
- Coordinate project audits and evaluations, ensuring all appropriate documentation are in place.
- Consolidate, extend and initiate new project partnerships internally and externally.
- Manage project budgets, ensuring that effective monitoring and tracking systems are in place and raising issues of variance promptly with the Programme Director.
The successful candidate will be educated to Bachelor/Masters/PhD degree level or equivalent; Or Professional project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2 with experience
The part-time position (0.5FTE) is initially until July 2020 with a potential of extension.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Professor Prashant Kumar, Director of the Global Centre for Clean Air Research by e-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 04 Dec 2019. Category: Professional Services
Disclaimer: This job was added on 21 Nov 2019 but the details may have changed since. We always recommend checking directly with the employer.
Map of University of Surrey
Address: Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH
Disclaimer: This map is a rough guide of where the job may be located. We always recommend checking directly with the employer.
- businessCompany: University of Surrey.